What would be a Mother’s Day gift that mom would remember forever? Well, we are pretty certain she wants to relax and enjoy the day. No meals to cook, no kids to take care of, and no dishes to wash. She would probably like to have a glass of wine or cocktail in hand, sit on the deck and enjoy a plate of yummy food (she did not have to prepare) followed by a dessert fit for a queen. Sound about right?
Here’s some recipes that are simple to make, and will allow Mom to sit on the deck while her family treats her to a special day!
- Adam Puchta-Rita
- Bias Winery White Sangria
- Riefenstahler Sangria – Adam Puchta Winery
- Strawberry Fruit Smoothie – Bias Winery
- Summer Sparkler – Stone Hill Winery
- Skinny Strawberry Sangria – Stone Hill Winery
Simple Recipes Your Family Can Cook:
- Appetizer – Hot Bacon and Swiss Dip – Hermannhof Winery
- Salad – Super Bacon Bowls – OakGlenn Winery
- Entree – Pineapple Chicken Kabobs – Bias Winery
- Side – Bacon & Pepper Jack Macaroni & Cheese with Roasted Red Peppers – Stone Hill Winery
- Dessert – Butter Blondies – Robller Winery
Now, if this is just too much cooking for you, take her out to one of the Hermann Wine Trail wineries for wine and snacks! All the Hermann Wine Trail wineries are open this weekend and several have live music.
- OakGlenn Winery
- Saturday, Live Music 2-6 pm. Johnny Henry is a St. Louis native who has just released his debut album which features a collection of music that exemplifies Johnny’s personality and introduces Country music fans to his big voice and compelling story. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Saturday, Live Music 6-10 pm. Crossfire is a versatile four-piece band boasting an impressive arsenal of hit songs from Maroon 5, Adele, Def Leppard and more. They’ll put on a show you won’t soon forget. Cover charge $5 per person.
- Sunday, Live Music 1-5 pm. Even Steven plays solo acoustic guitar and sings all those classic rock songs you know by heart; from REO Speedwagon to The Beatles to the Steve Miller Band. You’ll love his sense of humor, his corny jokes and his awesome music. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Stone Hill Winery
- Saturday, Live Music 1-5 pm. Music by Mistaken Creek Revival
Happy Mother’s Day!