Served at the 2022 Berries & BarBQ Wine Trail, Adam Puchta Winery
24 oz Frozen Blackberries*
1 Lemon (zest & juice)
3 Tbsp Adam Puchta Winery Signature Port (Click here to purchase)
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Allspice
1/4 cup White Sugar
1 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup Butter, softened (plus extra to grease pan)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Heat smoker** to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine frozen berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, APW Signature Port, vanilla, allspice and sugar. Gently mix until well combined.
- In a second large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with a hand or stand mixer. Add flour, salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Lightly grease a 10-12″ skillet or baking dish. Pour the blackberry mixture into the pan and scatter the streusel on top.
- Place the pan into the smoker for 40-45 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the streusel has browned slightly.
*Fresh blackberries are preferred when in season. If using fresh, add 1/8 cup additional white sugar to the filling.
**Recipe can also be made in a pellet grill or in a conventional oven.
Serve with Adam Puchta Winery Signature Port.