Served at the 2016 Chocolate Wine Trail
- 2 ½oz white chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon key lime juice
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- Grated lime zest for garnish
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Tooth pick or skewer
*Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside*
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl mix together milk, vanilla, key lime zest and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Set aside.
In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy, Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended, add the milk mixture; mix until just blended; slowly add the remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes transfer to wire let and let cool completely.
Use a tooth pick or skewer to poke the tops of the cupcake with holes and use a pastry brush to brush the remaining lime juice over the top of the cupcakes. Make sure to let the cupcakes dry slightly before topping with frosting.
In small glass bowl, set over a pot of simmering water and slowly melt white chocolate. Remove and let cool until slightly warm.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, on low speed gradually add confectioners’ sugar until mixed. Add salt, vanilla, lime juice, and sour cream mix well
Add melted white chocolate and mix just until incorporated.
Frost cupcakes and garnish with lime zest. Can refrigerate but doesn’t have to be.
Serve with Hermannhof Vignoles