Served at the 2012 Say Cheese Wine Trail
3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 ½ teaspoons all purpose flour
5 thin slices of prosciutto ham
10 tablespoons Boursin cheese
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Line a lightly greased baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
– Mix the Parmesan and flour together in a small bowl.
– Use a tablespoon to put mounds of Parmesan mixture every 4 inches on the baking sheet, then gently spread mounds into 3 inch ovals.
– Bake in middle of oven until golden brown 8-10 minutes.
– Let the Parmesan crisps cool on the baking sheet.
– While the crisps are cooling, cut the prosciutto into thin strips and brown in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
– To assemble, carefully spread 1 tablespoon of Boursin cheese on each Parmesan crisp and top with the prosciutto.
Serve with Stone Hill Winery Traminette.
Recipe by Chef Andrew Durbin, Vintage Restaurant, Stone Hill Winery