Served at the 2022 Holiday Fare Wine Trail, G. Husmann Wine Company
½ pound elbow macaroni
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1½ cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Cook pasta according to packaged directions and set aside.
4. In a medium size pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
5. In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
6. Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites.
Serve with G. Husmann Wine Company, General Fremont