Served at the 2019 Say Cheese Wine Trail, Stone Hill Winery
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
4 tbsp cold butter, diced
3/4 cup cold buttermilk
1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Blend flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, bacon and cheese in a mixer.
- Add the butter and mix until blended. Once combined, add buttermilk to flour mixture. Mix until it comes together – DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Pour out the dough on a well-floured table and using a folding method, continue mixing together the dough until it holds a shape.
- Roll out to the desired thickness and cut with a ring cutter.
- Bake at 325° for 20-30 minutes
- Top with your favorite Pepper Jelly
Makes 10 scones. Pair with Stone Hill Moscato