December is a month full of holiday festivities on the Hermann Wine Trail! Join us for the Say Cheese Wine Trail Dec 10 & 11.
Say Cheese Wine Trail tickets are still available. The seven Hermann Wine Trail wineries feature cheese inspired dishes paired with award-winning wines. Online ticket sales end Wednesday, December 7 at 4 pm. Tickets purchased after Friday December 2, will not be mailed they will have to be picked up at the Hermann Welcome Center, 312 Market St. the day of the event. See menu here.
Purchase tickets here.
Winery events in December:
Adam Puchta Winery – Open for wine tasting and fun!
Bias Winery & Microbrewery – Open for wine tasting and fun!
Hermannhof Winery – Open for wine tasting and fun!
- Saturday, Dec. 3 – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Jessica Tipton is a soulful, solo artist who performs everything from Fleetwood Mac, Keith Urban and Glen Campbell covers to some of her own songs. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of FREE entertainment, great views and award-winning wine.
- Sunday, Dec. 4 – Live Music, 12-4 pm. Enjoy the afternoon at OakGlenn Winery listening to the soulful sounds of Bryan Foggs. Bryan has been in the St. Louis music scene for many years and sings the classics from Mustang Sally to Let’s Stay Together and more. FREE performance!
- Saturday, Dec. 10 – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Steve Leslie is an outstanding guitar player with a sweet voice that performs popular covers from the 70’s to present day hits. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of FREE entertainment, great views and award-winning wine.
- Sunday, Dec. 11 – Live Music, 12-4 pm. Even Steven plays solo acoustic guitar and sings all those classic rock songs you know by heart; from REO Speedwagon to The Beatles to the Steve Miller Band. You’ll love his sense of humor, his corny jokes and his awesome music. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
Röbller Vineyard – Open for wine tasting and fun!
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 3 & 4 – Kristkindl Markt. A traditional German Christmas market in our heated Sherry House. Crafts, Christmas goodies, carolers, hot soups, and mulled wine. Sat. 10 am-5 pm; Sun. 10 am-4 pm.
- Friday, Dec. 9 – The Great Stone Hill Beastfeast., 7-11 pm. Auction and Wild Game Dinner sponsored by Stone Hill Winery and Vintage Restaurant. Proceeds to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Donations of wild game are greatly appreciated. Reservations required, call LLS directly at 314-590-2231 or visit www.lls.org
Hermann Christmas Activities:
- Christmastime in Hermann – Dec. 1-31. Christmastime is magical in our German village, where holiday customs date back centuries. Reminiscent of Christmas markets in Germany, Kristkindl Markts the first two weekends of December head a full schedule of holiday events.
- Deutschheim Weinachtsfest – Dec. 1st & 2nd Weekends – Experience a 19th-century German Christmas celebration at Deutschheim State Historic Site. The Pommer-Gentner House is decorated with greenery and lit by lamplight. Its historic rooms feature Christmas trees decorated with authentic German ornaments. Visitors are invited to sample traditional German Christmas cookies and to learn how Christmas customs of the German immigrants became American traditions still celebrated today. A special Christmas gift shop features springerle molds and rolling pins, recipe books, imported German pop-up cards, and a selection of unique books for Christmas gift giving. Hours are 10:00 to 4:00 on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Historic Hermann Museum German Bake Sale – Dec 1st & 2nd Weekends. Once-a-year German bake sale features traditional holiday treats. Enjoy music and mulled cider. Tours of the newly renovated museum rooms are $5 for adults, $3 for students, free for children 5 and under. Free admission to bakery and gift shop. Sponsored by Historic Hermann.
- Christmas Tablescapes – Dec 1st & 2nd Weekends – The historic Rotunda Building in the upper city park sparkles with elaborate Christmas table displays. Group tours available by appointment. Hours are 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Sponsored by the Gasconade County Historical Society.
- Christmas at Hermann Farm – Dec 1st & 2nd Weekends. Enjoy a 19th-century Christmas at Hermann Farm. Tour the historic Husmann House, Schuetzenhalle, 1790s trading post and cabin homestead, all delightfully decorated for the season. The farm experience includes shire horses in harness bells, music, storytelling, exhibits, a strolling Father Christmas, a German Belsnickle, winter tram rides, cookies and pioneer punch, a bonfire and the Mercantile gift shop. Tours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Walk-ins welcome. Call 573-486-3276 to schedule a group tour. Adults $18, children $9 (ages 3-15).
- The Spirit of CHRISTmas at Starkenburg – Dec 7-10 – Featuring mezzo-soprano Carrie Kirchhofer-Tilly and organist Jonie Loehnig on the 1860 Pfeffer pipe organ at the beautiful St. Martin’s Church, six miles west of Hermann. Concerts are at 2:30 p.m. on December 7, 8, 9 and 10. Enjoy sing-a-longs during the concert and refreshments afterward. Vendor market open from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Columbia Handbell Ensemble – Dec. 10, 7:30-9 pm – The Columbia Handbell Ensemble returns to Hermann for its 10th annual performance of holiday favorites. Sponsored by the Hermann Arts Council.
- Kristkindl Markt at Hermannhof – Dec. 10 & 11, 10 am-4 pm – The riverfront Festhalle and open-air Hofgarten evoke the ambiance of European Christmas markets. Hours are 10:00 to 5:00 Saturday and 10:00 to 4:00 Sunday. Sponsored by Hermannhof Winery.
- St. George Christmas Bazaar – Dec. 11, 11 am-3 pm – All-you-can-eat Christmas dinner, games for children, pictures with Santa, Mrs. Claus’s mercantile, live and silent auctions, and raffles. Dinner is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 5 to 10.
- Holiday Carriage Rides – Dec 10 & 11 – Experience the joy of the season with a nostalgic horse-drawn carriage ride, complete with sleigh bells! Rides depart from the corner of First and Schiller every 20 minutes, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. $10 per person. Children 3 and under on laps free. Reservations suggested. Call 636-667-1174, or book online at WineCountryWagonRides.com.
Find more Hermann information here.
See you on the trail!