We still have tickets available for the Wild Bacon Wine Trail, May 2 & 3! If you are a bacon lover, you don’t want to miss this annual event on the Hermann Wine Trail. The seven wineries on the trail create smoky and savory dishes featuring bacon as the main ingredient, then pair one of their wines to top off the experience.
Here’s the Wild Bacon Wine Trail menu:
- Adam Puchta
Grilled Bacon-Cheddar Bratwurst, paired with Save a Rack wines
Garden Fresh BLT Salad, paired with Jubilee White
- Dierberg Star Lane
Arugula, Bacon, and Gruyere Bread Pudding, paired with Sauvignon Blanc
Hot Bacon and Swiss Dip on Crostini, paired with Chambourcin Vin Gris
Bacon Super Bowls, paired with Strawberry Wine
Bacon Frittata, paired with Traminette
- Stone Hill
Applewood Smoked Bacon Jam on Homemade Foccacia with Crumbled Goat Cheese and Local Microgreens, paired with Steinberg White
Tickets are $30 per person and include a souvenir wine trail glass. Purchase online tickets using PayPal here or call the Hermann Welcome Center, 800-932-8687.
Online ticket sales end Wednesday April 29 at 4 pm. After Wednesday, call the Hermann Welcome Center to see if any tickets are available. (there’s always a few available)
Transportation is NOT included in the ticket price. Some wineries have tasting fees for their wines.
Planning a trip to Hermann this weekend April 25 & 26? Here’s what’s happening on the wine trail this weekend:
- Bias Winery and Gruhlke’s Microbrewery
- Saturday April 25 – Game Day. Have a little fun and fill your glasses! A variety of games are available for use by you and your friends. We will have Croquet, a few Putt Putt golf obstacles, Football Toss and Washer boxes to name a few. Bring your friends, or make some new ones. You are welcome to bring a picnic lunch or BBQ and enjoy the day! Must be 21 or older to participate.
- OakGlenn Winery
- Saturday April 25 – Live Music, 2-6 pm. Johnny Henry is a St. Louis native who has just released his debut album which features a collection of music that exemplifies Johnny’s personality and introduces Country music fans to his big voice and compelling story. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Sunday April 26 – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Born and raised in southern Missouri, Scottie Kemp has music running through his veins. Scottie is a solo artist preforming country classics and great classic rock songs. Enjoy this Sunday afternoon of FREE live music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Robller Winery
- Saturday April 25 – Robllerfest – We are celebrating our 24th Anniversary with Live Music by the Mike Aperion Trio, New Wine Releases, and a special treat in food with Nezzie’s Famous Jamaican Cuisine. Nezzie is releasing her new Cookbook and will also have some of her spices available for sale. And yes she will have Rum Cakes for sale. So come on out and have a great day. Kids as always are welcome.
Upcoming Hermann Events:
- April 26 – Hermann Wedding Trail, 11-3:30 pm
- A great opportunity for engaged couples and their families to see all Hermann has to offer for a Wine Country destination wedding. Taste and tour at venues for weddings and receptions, meet with vendors, explore lodging and honeymoon options.
- May 16 & 17 – Maifest
- An old-fashioned celebration of spring, with German music, dancing and food, parades, crafters, Maypole dancers, children’s games, and beer gardens. One of Missouri’s oldest and best-loved German festivals, always the third weekend of May.
- May 21-23 – Ford Blue Oval Rally
- Hundreds of Ford vehicles, from race cars to tractors, and thousands of Ford enthusiasts gather in Hermann for a rally, sponsored by the Midwest Blue Oval Ford Club. Show off your Ford, stay at a charming B&B, cruise country roads to area wineries, shop for one-of-a-kind treasures at shops and galleries in the historic district. All profits from this event benefit local charities.
The picturesque, quaint town of Hermann has much to offer visitors; wineries, breweries, Bed and Breakfasts, restaurants, shops and museums. For an outdoor adventure the Katy Trail is just minutes away.
We invite you to experience Hermann and all the good things our small town has to offer.