Oh my the weather on the Hermann Wine Trail is gorgeous! Want to miss the Octoberfest crowds? Come to Hermann this weekend for live music (Bias, Hermannhof, OakGlenn, Röbller and Stone Hill), a Chili Cook-Off (Bias), hot air balloon launch (Röbller), and dog contests (Stone Hill). You don’t want to miss all this fun!
Winery events Saturday:
- Adam Puchta Winery – Open for wine tasting all weekend!
- Bias Winery & Microbrewery
- Saturday – 26th Annual Chili Cook-Off. Bring your secret recipe and ingredients and compete for prizes. Check-in at 10:00 a.m., judging starts at 2:00 p.m. $5 entry fee. Live entertainment.
- Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten
- Saturday – Live Music, 5-9 pm. Bluff-Tones, 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Food and drink available.
- OakGlenn Winery
- Saturday, Live Music 2-6 pm. Johnny Henry is a St. Louis native who has just released his debut album which features a collection of music that exemplifies Johnny’s personality and introduces Country music fans to his big voice and compelling story. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Saturday, Meals available, 3:30-7:30 pm. Our tasty menu consists of sandwiches, salads, fried chicken dinner and even a variety of desserts. No reservations needed.
- Saturday evening music 6-10 pm. A TOTALLY RADICAL tribute to 80’s Ladies! You will hear songs by Whitney Houston, Pat Benetar, Tiffany, Cher, The Bangles and many more! Pop your collar and grab your jean jacket for a fun night at the winery! Cover charge $5 per person.
- Röbller Vineyard
- Saturday – Tunes & Balloons. Watch hot air balloons rise from New Haven’s city park from the comfort of our hillside while enjoying music by the Mike Aperion Trio. Tasting room opens at 10:00 a.m. Music 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Pop-up shade tents, chairs, blankets and picnic baskets welcome. No outside alcohol or pets allowed. Buses welcome, call 573-237-3986.
- Stone Hill Winery
- Saturday – Live Music 1-5 pm. Music by “A Simple Exchange”
Winery events Sunday:
- OakGlenn Winery
- Live Music, 1-5 pm. Born and raised in southern Missouri, Scottie Kemp has music running through his veins. Scottie is a solo artist preforming country classics and great classic rock songs. Enjoy this Sunday afternoon of FREE live music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Stone Hill Winery
- Woof, Wag & Wine – 12-4 pm. Bring your friendly four-legged doggie along while you enjoy wine & live music. To kick off Adopt-A-Dog month we will have a local animal shelter on site with the opportunity to add a new addition to your family by adopting a dog. Doggie contest and prizes.
- Live Music, 1-5 pm. Music by Dan Sprout
Upcoming Hermann Weekend Activities:
- William H. Pommer Concerts and Symposium – Friday & Saturday, at the historic Showboat Community Theatre. Celebrate the life and work of Missouri musician William H. Pommer and the German American composers so influential to the music of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Two evening concerts and a Saturday afternoon symposium will delight audiences while enriching understanding of German musical contributions to American culture. Performances will range from classical cello solos to German folk tunes to German-American theater in New York. Concerts on Friday and Saturday evenings will feature performers from Grand Valley State University in Michigan and the University of Missouri-Kansas City. A Saturday afternoon symposium includes presentations and discussions. This free event is sponsored by Deutschheim State Historic Site with support from the Missouri Humanities Council and the Hermann Arts Council.
- Friday Concert – 7 pm
- Saturday – Symposium— 2 pm
- Saturday Concert – 7 pm
Read more about Hermann here.
See you on the trail!