Grape harvest is still in full swing in Hermann wine country! Weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend, so grab your friends and family and join us in the heart of Missouri wine country!
This weekend starts Thursday with Pie Palooza at Adam Puchta Winery, Friday Happy Hour at Stone Hill Winery, Saturday Tunes & Balloons at Robller, Chili Cook-Off at Bias Winery and live music at Adam Puchta, Bias, Hermannhof, Oak Glenn and Stone Hill. Sunday Woof, Wag and Wine at Stone Hill Winery and live music at OakGlenn and Stone Hill Winery.
The Hermann Wine Trail doesn’t have an organized event this weekend but the wineries are all open for wine tasting and fun. Many of the wineries on the trail have live music and special events this weekend, so check the schedule below or go to our calendar of events here.
Thursday September 25
- Adam Puchta Winery – Pie Palooza, 5:30-7:30 pm. We’ve teamed up with Sugar Mamma’s candy store in Hermann to pair our wines with their new Fall pies. This will be a great evening of Pie and Wine, what could be better, right? Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased at Sugar Mamma’s (573-486-5263) and only 20 tickets are available.
Friday September 26
- Stone Hill Winery – Friday Happy Hour, 4:30-6:30 pm. Appetizers, wine specials, & live music by Marissa Harms
Saturday September 27
- Adam Puchta Winery – Live Music, 2-5 pm. Russ Anderson is a St. Louis singer/songwrit
er who specializes in folk and country music. Russ’s playlist includes original songs as well as classics by John Denver, James Taylor, Hank Williams and Van Morrison.
- Bias Winery & Gruhlke’s Microbrewery – 25th Annual Chili Cook-Off, 10 am-6 pm. $5 fee per entry. Bring your own secret recipe and brew a pot of chili here at the Winery. Prizes awarded. Entertainment provided. Check-in at 10:00 a.m., judging begins at 2:00 p.m. Call or email the Winery for official rules.
- Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten – Live Music, 5:30-9:30 pm. Music by the Bluff-Tones! This is Hermann’s own local band that donates their tips to the Hermann Food Pantry. Bring your dancing shoes; you are going to need them! Enjoy the beautiful courtyard of the Hofgarten. Cold beer, wine, soft drinks and food will be available. Come have a great time after the wineries close.
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 2-6 pm. Come enjoy the afternoon on our patio with FREE live music by Erik Brooks. Erik is a talented individual, who performs music from all genres.
- OakGlenn Winery – Evening Music, 6-10 pm. Saturday evening we will be kickin’ up our heels with the rockin’ country band, Doc Holiday. Cover charge $5 per person.
- Robller Winery – Tunes & Balloons, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Enjoy music and wine while watching balloons launch from the New Haven City Park. $5 cover charge.
- Stone Hill Winery – Live Music, 1-6:30 pm. Pay Dirt
Sunday September. 28
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Born and raised in southern Missouri, Scottie Kemp has music running through his veins. Scottie is a solo artist preforming country classics and great classic rock songs.
- Stone Hill Winery – Woof, Wag and Wine, 12-4 pm. Bring your friendly four-legged doggie along while you enjoy wine & live music. To kick off Adopt-A-Dog month we will have a local animal shelter on site with the opportunity to and a new addition to your family by adopting a dog., Doggie contest and prizes.
- Stone Hill Winery – Live Music, 12-4 pm. Daniel Sproat – no cover charge
Hermann Weekend Activities
- Friday and Saturday, September 26-27. BarBQ & Brats Festival. Every year on the last Friday and Saturday of September top chefs from throughout the Midwest fire up their grills to compete in an event sanctioned by the Kansas City BarBQ Society.
- Sunday, Sept. 28 – Apostel Band Concert, Hermannhof Hofgarten. Doors open at 4:00 p.m. for a meet and greet with the musicians; concert starts at 6:00. In 2008 handwritten music books were discovered in the Historic Hermann Museum, which were later determined to be original 1882 music from Hermann’s Apostel Band. Songs from these manuscripts will be played at a free concert at the Hofgarten on Sunday, September 28. Food, wine, beer and soft drinks will be available for purchase. Sponsored by Historic Hermann.
Hermann wine country has many dining choices, from German fare to BBQ and homemade pie! If you enjoy craft beers, there are two breweries (one at Bias Winery). If you enjoy history, we have two historical museums, Deutschheim State Historic Site and the Historic Hermann Museum. Need last minute lodging this weekend; check lodging availability here.
Here are some of our favorites:
Hermann Wurst Haus, 234 E. 1st. St., Hermann, 573-486-2266
The Best of the Wurst from two-time Hall of Fame Wurstmeister Mike Sloan, formerly of Swiss Meat. Hundreds of in-house flavors of bratwurst, summer sausage, bacon and more. Counter-style deli seating inside or out with house-made German sides and house-made beer, wines and soda. Free daily wurst samples.
Antiques Unlimited, 117 East Second Street, Hermann, 573-486-2148
Home of Ye Olde Fire Company, specializing in firefighter memorabilia. Large selection of antique furniture, primitives, crocks and glassware. Open Daily.
Up Up and Away Lodging, 1217 Taylor Road, Hermann, 314-604-3726
Quiet, Grand, Romantic…Our bed and breakfast is located a close one mile out of our little German village,
atop one of the highest points in Gasconade county. We offer luxury lodging for visitors to beautiful, historic
See you on the trail!