Hermann wine country is going to be the place to be this weekend with grape harvest, live music and great weather!
The Hermann Wine Trail doesn’t have an organized event this weekend but the wineries are all open for wine tasting and fun. Many of the wineries on the trail have live music and special events this weekend, so check the schedule below or go to our calendar of events here.
Saturday September 20
- Adam Puchta Winery – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Enjoy the acoustic guitar duo, Oatmeal for the Foxhounds at Adam Puchta Winery. They perform a wide array of music styles, from Johnny Cash to Green Day. Oatmeal for the Foxhounds is loaded with talent and experience.
- Bias Winery & Gruhlke’s Microbrewery – Music, 1-5 pm.
- Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten – Live Music, 5:30 – 9:30 pm.
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 2-6 pm. Johnny Henry is a St. Louis native who has just released his debut album which features a collection of music that exemplifies Johnny’s personality and introduces Country music fans to his big voice and compelling story. New special food menu in Sept. and October. See menu here.
- OakGlenn Winery – Evening Music, 6-10 pm. Saturday evening we will have a great time with the popular band, Borderline!! Come early and stay late, guaranteed to have a great time. Cover charge $5 per person. New special food menu in Sept. and October. See menu here.
- Stone Hill Winery – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Daniel Sproat
Sunday September 21
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Johnny Henry is a St. Louis native who has just released his debut album which features a collection of music that exemplifies Johnny’s personality and introduces Country music fans to his big voice and compelling story.
Hermann Weekend Activities
- Saturday September 20 – Hermann Poster Contest Reception, 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. Enjoy light appetizers and a beer and wine cash bar while viewing entries for the 2014 Hermann Arts Council Poster Contest. Winning artists will be announced. Free.
Hermann wine country has many dining choices, from German fare to BBQ and homemade pie! If you enjoy craft beers, there are two breweries (one at Bias Winery). If you enjoy history, we have two historical museums, Deutschheim State Historic Site and the Historic Hermann Museum. Need last minute lodging this weekend; check lodging availability here.
Here are some of our favorites:
The Granary, Hermann Mill Plaza on East First Street, 573-486-5199
Located in the recently restored Hermann Mill Plaza (the tallest building in downtown Hermann), The Granary serves German comfort food—brats, schnitzel, spaetzle, and chicken fried chicken are menu staples. Also on offer are beers from Tin Mill Brewing Company and wines from Hermannhof Winery. There’s a patio for outdoor dining in good weather, and the attached Ice House hosts private events.
Buy the Book, 303 Schiller Street, 573-486-2722
Quaint bookstore with new, used and collectible books, photographic art and religious art.
Schiller Guest Suites, 115 Schiller Street, Hermann, 573-486-1010
Grand in scale, light-filled, and airy, each Schiller Guest Suite is a private world unto itself. Thoughtful amenities and charming object d’art evoke a sophisticated yet modern European atmosphere.
See you on the trail!