The weather is going to be perfect this coming weekend! It’s an exciting time of year in Hermann wine country with live music, great food, spectacular wines and grape harvest! Hermann’s Salute to the Military kicks off Friday evening in the Amphitheater! Several Hermann Wine Trail wineries will be giving military discounts this weekend in honor of their service to our country; Adam Puchta (10%), OakGlenn (10%) and Stone Hill Winery and Vintage Restaurant!
To start the weekend off, make reservations for Adam Puchta Winery’s Grill Your Own Steak Night Or enjoy live music at Adam Puchta, Hermannhof, OakGlenn and Stone Hill!
The Hermann Wine Trail doesn’t have an organized event this weekend but the wineries are all open for wine tasting and fun. Many of the wineries on the trail have live music and special events this weekend, so check the schedule below or go to our calendar of events here.
Friday September 12
- Adam Puchta Winery – Grill Your Own Steak Night, 5:30-8:30 pm. Once a month Adam Puchta Winery will have their fire pits fired up for Grill Your Own Steak Night. Bring your own meat and they’ll provide all the fixins’ (spices & cooking utensils); side orders, beer and award-winning wines will be for sale in their Bistro.
Saturday September 13
- Adam Puchta Winery – Live Music, 2-5 pm. Are you in the mood from some Jimmy Buffett-style music? Join us at Adam Puchta Wienry for live music by Gary Sluhan. Gary has perfected the sounds of various artists from the 60’s thru the 90’s including the original parrot-head, Jimmy Buffett. A music performance you don’t wanna miss.
- Bias Winery & Gruhlke’s Microbrewery – Music, 1-5 pm.
- Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten – Live Music, 5:30-9:30 pm. Music by the Mood Elevators! This group has history and they have a great line up! Enjoy the beautiful courtyard of the Hofgarten. Cold beer, wine, soft drinks and food will be available. Come have a great time after the wineries close.
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 2-6 pm. Come enjoy the afternoon on our patio with FREE live music by Ben Hampton. Ben is a talented individual, who performs music from all genres. New special food menu in Sept. and October. See menu here.
- OakGlenn Winery – Evening Music, 6-10 pm. Saturday evening we will be rockin’ with the ever popular band, Headrush!! Come early and stay late, guaranteed to have a great time. Cover charge $5 per person. New special food menu in Sept. and October. See menu here.
- Stone Hill Winery – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Rickie Lee Tanner
Sunday September 14
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Come hang out with the Catfish Willie Duo for a FREE show on our patio. They are a great, high-energy group that will have you singing along to all their great southern rock and blues tunes.
Hermann Weekend Activities
- September 12, 13 & 14 – Hermann’s Salute to the Military. Hermann pays tribute to America’s armed forces with a full weekend of special events and discounts for military personnel. Festivities get underway Friday night at the Amphitheater with the Hermann VFW Color Guard and music by Pilot Grove, 7:30-9:30 pm. The weekend concludes at 3:00 p.m. Sunday with a presentation by the Scott Air Force Base Color Guard and a performance by the Air Force Orchestra.
- Saturday & Sunday, September 13 & 14 – Dogfish Cross – Cyclecross Bike Races at the City Park, 4-9 pm.
- Saturday, September 13 – Hermann Farm Trail, Sat. 10-5 pm, Sun. 11-4 pm. Spend a fun and informative weekend in the country exploring Hermann-area farms and meeting artisan producers.
- Saturday, September 13 – Branson Performer Bill Chrastil at the Showboat Theater, 7:30 pm. Branson performer Bill Chrastil, who has been voted into the Nebraska Country Music Hall of Fame, returns to Hermann with a high-energy salute to musical legends, from Elvis to Tom Jones. Chrastil has a repertoire of more than 300 crowd-pleasing favorites, from the 50s through the 80s. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for children, ages 4 to 12. Tickets may be purchased at the Welcome Center, 312 Market Street, or from Karen McCrae, 573-236-4606.
Hermann wine country has many dining choices, from German fare to BBQ and homemade pie! If you enjoy craft beers, there are two breweries (one at Bias Winery). If you enjoy history, we have two historical museums, Deutschheim State Historic Site and the Historic Hermann Museum. Need last minute lodging this weekend; check lodging availability here.
Here are some of our favorites:
Concert Hall and Barrel, 206 East First Street, Hermann, 573-486-5065
Built in 1878, the Concert Hall is the oldest continually operating tavern west of the Mississippi. Today the Concert Hall proudly continues a time-honored tradition of good food and good times in Hermann. Sandwiches, seafood, steaks, pizza, and more. Daily specials.
Hermann’s Attic Antique Mall, 220 East First Street, Hermann, 573-486-9191
A little bit of everything and open daily!
Flamingo Key B&B, 9420 Excelsior Road, New Haven, 573-237-2933
Enjoy a pampered, peaceful and secluded stay in your very own Florida style Beach House Condo.
See you on the trail!