Christmastime is magical in Hermann wine country with holiday traditions passed down from our German forefathers and new traditions created for our historic town. Christmas parties, Christmas markets, holiday house tours and Christmas contest all are going on this weekend in Hermann. Many of the town events will be going on next weekend, Dec. 13 & 14 too.
Their are still tickets available for the Say Cheese Wine Trail on Dec. 13 & 14, which features cheese inspired foods paired with wines at seven wineries on the Hermann Wine Trail. Check out the menu here. On line ticket sales end Wed. Dec. 10. Buy tickets here.
Tickets for the 2015 Chocolate Wine Trail, Feb. 21 & 22, are going fast, so word to the wise, get your tickets early! Buy Chocolate Wine Trail tickets online here.
Winery events this weekend:
Saturday December 6
- Bias Winery – Trim-A-Tree and Ugly Sweater Party, 12-5 pm. Help us decorate our Christmas Tree and wear your Ugly Sweater! Bring a snack to share, enjoy the atmosphere and get in the Holiday Spirit. Prize awarded for best sweater!
- Stone Hill Winery – Kristkindl Markt, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. A traditional German Christmas market in our heated Pavilion. Crafts, Christmas goodies, carolers, hot soups & mulled wine.
Sunday December 7
- Stone Hill Winery – Kristkindl Markt, Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. A traditional German Christmas market in our heated Pavilion. Crafts, Christmas goodies, carolers, hot soups & mulled wine.
Hermann Weekend Activities:
- Historic Hermann & German Bake Sale – Saturday 10-4 pm & Sunday 12-4 pm.
Once-a-year German bake sale features traditional holiday baked items. Enjoy music and mulled cider. Museum tour is $5 for adults, $3 for students, free for children 5 and under. Free admission to bakery and gift shop. Sponsored by Historic Hermann.
- Deutschheim Weihnachtsfest – Saturday & Sunday 10-4 pm.
Experience a 19th-century German Christmas celebration at Deutschheim State Historic Site. The Pommer-Gentner House is decorated with greenery and lit by lamplight. Its historic rooms feature Christmas trees decorated with authentic German ornaments. Visitors are invited to sample traditional German Christmas cookies and to learn how Christmas customs of the German immigrants became American traditions still celebrated today. A special Christmas gift shop features springerle molds and rolling pins, recipe books, imported German pop-up cards, and a selection of unique books for Christmas gift giving.
- St. George Rectory Tour – Saturday & Sunday 11-7 pm.
From wine cellar to attic, the historic Franciscan friary building sparkles with lavish holiday displays, including nearly 100 themed Christmas trees. Freewill offering.
- Christmas Tablescapes – Saturday & Sunday 11-4 pm.
The historic Rotunda Building sparkles with elaborate Christmas table displays. Group tours available by appointment. Sponsored by the Gasconade County Historical Society.
- Holiday House Tour – Saturday 2-7 pm.
Tour Hermann homes decked out for the holidays. Purchase tickets at the Welcome Center, 312 Market Street. Refreshments included. Sponsored by the Hermann Area Chamber of Commerce.For more information on Hermann’s Christmas activities, click here.
Hermann wine country has many dining choices, from German fare to BBQ and homemade pie! If you enjoy craft beers, there are two breweries (one at Bias Winery). If you enjoy history, we have two historical museums, Deutschheim State Historic Site and the Historic Hermann Museum. Need last minute lodging this weekend; check lodging availability here.
See you on the trail!From wine cellar to attic, the historic Franciscan friary building sparkles with lavish holiday displays, including nearly 100 themed Christmas trees. Freewill offering. – See more at: http://visithermann.com/hermann-calendar-of-events/#sthash.aGB4o50e.dpuf