The beautiful weather we have been having in Hermann wine country this week is going to continue through the weekend! Perfect weather to kick back and enjoy a glass of wine on the Hermann Wine Trail.
The Hermann Wine Trail doesn’t have an organized event this weekend but the wineries are all open for wine tasting and fun. Several wineries on the trail have live music or events this weekend, so check the schedule below or go to our calendar of events here.
Saturday August 2
- Adam Puchta Winery – Live Music, 2-5pm. Join us at Adam Puchta Winery for live music by Mick Byrd and the Backroad Band. The band plays blues, country and even a little rock-n-roll. A music performance that you don’t want to miss.
- Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten – Live Music, 5:30-9:30pm. Music by the Mood Elevators.
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 2-6pm. Come enjoy the afternoon on our patio with FREE live music by Ben Hampton. Ben is a talented individual, who performs music from all genres Food available.
- OakGlenn Winery – Evening Music, 6-10pm. Crossfire is a versatile four-piece band boasting an impressive arsenal of hit songs from Maroon 5, Adele, Def Leppard and more. They’ll put on a show you won’t soon forget. Cover charge $5 per person. Food available.
- Stone Hill Winery – Scavenger Hunt, 12-3pm. You’ll be seeking all kinds of things hiding on our Scavenger Hunt. So grab some friends, enjoy some good wine, live music and let your inner child out for some playtime! $5.00 for a team of up to four, prizes will be awarded!
- Stone Hill Winery – Live Music, 1-5pm. Marissa Harms
Sunday August 3
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 1-5pm. Come enjoy the afternoon on our patio with FREE live music by John Bartley. John is a talented individual, who performs music from all genres.
Hermann Weekend Activities
- Friday August 1 – Enjoy a movie under the stars at the Amphitheater – The Lego Movie. Gates open at 7:15, show starts at dark. Lawn-chair seating. Concession stand. In lieu of an admission fee, donations will be accepted for the School Backpack Program. Sponsored by Brian Grannemann Services, Inc.
- Sunday August 3 – City Band Concert, 7:30pm. Grab a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy an open-air concert by the Hermann City Band at the Amphitheater. In case of rain, this event will be held at Hermann High School.
If you need a relaxing weekend before the rush of school starts, come out to Hermann and enjoy the quiet life. Hermann also has great dining choices; German fare, BBQ, wings, sandwiches and pie! We even have two breweries (one at Bias Winery). If you are a history buff, Hermann has two historical museums, Deutschheim State Historic Site and the Historic Hermann Museum. Need lodging for the weekend? Check out Hermann’s lodging availability here.
Here are some of our favorite places:
Black Walnut Bistro – 222 East First St., Hermann, (573) 486-3298. The best American and German cuisine, from country-fried steak to bratwurst and kraut sandwiches. Daily specials.
Featured B & B
Captain Wohlt Inn – 123 East Third St., Hermann, 573 486-3357. The Captain Wohlt Inn is the perfect place for romantic weekends, small weddings and family get-togethers. With four buildings nestled in the heart of Hermann’s historic district we are an easy walk to Amtrak, shopping, dining as well as the wineries in town.
Back Home Again – 307 Schiller Street, Hermann, 573-486-0581. Filled with memories of yesteryear—objects, treasures, and gifts gathered from far and near. Large selection of German steins, mugs, and pilsners, specialty foods, men’s gift ideas, women’s boutique, and gift baskets.
See you on the Hermann Wine Trail!