This Memorial Day, please remember those who have died serving our country. Memorial Day was first called Decoration Day, and was observed after the American Civil War as a way to honor Union and Confederate soldiers who died during combat. By the 20th century, Decoration Day became known as Memorial Day, a day to honor Americans who have died while in the military service.
The Hermann Wine Trail invites you to spend this holiday weekend in Hermann, to kick off the summer season with some relaxation, live music, and a special Hermann Memorial Day Service.
The annual Memorial Day service will be presented by the Hermann VFW Post 4182 and the Ladies Auxiliary Monday, May 30 at 9 am at the Hermann City Cemetery. The Color Guard will lead the Memorial Day Parade from the old Firehouse down Market St. and turn left at Casey’s General Store and move up the hill to the cemetery. The Hermann Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will join the event to honor our fallen military service men and women.
The Hermann Wine Trail wineries are all open for wine tasting and fun this weekend. Several wineries on the trail have events and music, so check the schedule below or go to our calendar of events here.
- Adam Puchta Winery
- Friday, May 27 – Grill Your Own Steak Night. Gather around our fire pits for Grill Your Own Steak Night. Bring your own meat and we’ll provide all the fixins’ (spices & cooking utensils); side dishes, beer and award-winning wines will be for sale in their Bistro. Reservations are not required, however if you know you will be coming our give us a call to let us know how many are in your party. We wanna make sure we have plenty of side dishes 🙂 Pits are fired up from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Bistro open until 8:30 p.m. First come, first served. No picnic baskets
- Bias Winery & Microbrewery – Open for wine & beer tasting all weekend!
- Hermannhof Winery – Open for wine tasting all weekend!
- OakGlenn Winery
- Saturday, May 28 – Music 2-6 pm. Mark Gordon, You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Saturday, May 28, Music 6-10 pm. Come early and stay late, guaranteed to have a great time with the band Stingray. They are a high-energy band playing covers from The Beatles to Led Zeppelin. Cover charge $5 per person.
- Sunday, May 29 – Music 1-5 pm. Born and raised in southern Missouri, Scottie Kemp has music running through his veins. Scottie is a solo artist preforming country classics and great classic rock songs. Enjoy this Sunday afternoon of FREE live music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Monday, May 30 – Music 1-5 pm. Even Steven plays solo acoustic guitar and sings all those classic rock songs you know by heart; from REO Speedwagon to The Beatles to the Steve Miller Band. You’ll love his sense of humor, his corny jokes and his awesome music. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Röbller Vineyard – Open for wine tasting all weekend!
- Stone Hill Winery
- Saturday, May 28 – Music 1-5 pm. Pay Dirt
- Sunday, May 29 – Music 1-5 pm. Osage Ramblers
Hermann weekend activities:
- May 26-28 – Ford Blue Oval Rally.
- Ford vehicles, from race cars to tractors, and Ford enthusiasts gather in Hermann for a rally, sponsored by the Midwest Blue Oval Ford Club. Show off your Ford, stay at a charming B&B, cruise country roads to area wineries, shop for one-of-a-kind treasures at shops and galleries in the historic district.
- May 30 – Hermann City Band – Memorial Day Concert, 7:30-9:00 pm
- This concert is free of charge and will feature a combination of marches, overtures, show tunes and patriotic music, under the direction of Carl Bounds. Hermann Amphitheater.
Read more about Hermann here.
Hope to see you in Hermann!