This weekend, Nov. 21 & 22, is the Holiday Fare Wine Trail! On-line ticket sales ended today, but you can call the Hermann Welcome Center to check ticket availability, 800-932-8687. (Rumer has it, there is a handful of tickets left!)
Here’s the menu just in case you can join us!
2015 Holiday Fare Tasting Menu
- Adam Puchta
French Onion Soup, paired with Nouveau
Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin, paired with Spiced Holiday Wine
- Dierberg Star Lane
Smoked Turkey with Apricot Horseradish Sauce, paired with Chardonnay
Speckbroten (smoked ham bread rolls), paired with Chambourcin
Eggnog Bread Pudding, paired with Ives
Savory Holiday Meat Pie, paired with Villa Rouge
- Stone Hill
Butternut Squash, Sage and Pecorino Cheese Flatbread with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, paired with Spumante
If you can’t join us this weekend, the Say Cheese Wine Trail, Dec. 12 & 13, is right arounf the corner! If you are a cheese lover, this is the wine trail event for you! The wineries feature cheese as the main ingredient in the foods they pair with a wine.
Here’s the tasting menu 2015 Say Cheese Tasting Menu:
- Adam Puchta
Homemade Lasagna, paired with Hunter’s Red
Cheesy Ham & Bacon Chowder, paired with Jubilee White
- Dierberg Star Lane
Sun-Dried Tomato Tart with Fontina and Prosciutto, paired with Cabernet Sauvignon
Baked Brie on Crostini with Blackberry Compote, paired with Norton
Cream Cheese Pound Cake, paired with Strawberry Wine
Cheese Plate from Cool Cow Cheese Company, paired with Semi-Sweet Vignoles
- Stone Hill
Black Forest Ham and Gruyere Cheese Empanadas with Mustard Seed Aioli served with Reserve Vignoles
Tickets: $30 per person. Advance purchase required. On-line tickets sales end Wed. December 9th at 4 pm. Purchase tickets using PayPal here.
Upcoming Winery events:
- Adam Puchta Winery
- Saturday, Dec. 5, Holiday House Tour – Some of Hermann’s most beautiful historic homes deck the halls to welcome visitors. Purchase tickets at the Welcome Center, 312 Market Street. Refreshments included. Sponsored by the Hermann Area Chamber of Commerce. Tickets: $10/person and can be purchased at the Hermann Welcome Center or by calling 573-486-2744 or purchase online.
- Bias Winery & Microbrewery
- Saturday, Dec. 5, Trim a Tree & Ugly Sweater Party – Don your gaudiest Christmas sweater and come help trim the tree. Bring a snack to share and compete for ugliest sweater prize.
- Hermannhof Winery
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 12 & 13, Kristkindl Markt – The riverfront Festhalle and open-air Hofgarten evoke the ambience of European Christmas markets. Hours are 10:00 to 5:00 Saturday and 10:00 to 4:00 Sunday. Adults $4, children 15 and under free. Sponsored by Hermannhof Winery.
- OakGlenn Winery
- Saturday, Nov. 21, Live Music, 12-4 pm. The Sarah Marie Duo is a local group from Washington, MO. They perform music of today to jazz vocals and everything in between. A FREE music performance you don’t wanna miss.
- Sunday, Nov. 22, Live Music, 12-4 pm. Even Steven plays solo acoustic guitar and sings all those classic rock songs you know by heart; from REO Speedwagon to The Beatles to the Steve Miller Band. You’ll love his sense of humor, his corny jokes and his awesome music. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Röbller Vineyard
- Saturday & Sunday – Open for wine tasting!
- Stone Hill Winery
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 5 & 6 – Kristkindl Markt – Traditional German Christmas market in Stone Hill Winery’s heated Pavilion. Crafts, Christmas goodies, carolers, hot soups and mulled wine. Hours are 10:00 to 5:00 Saturday and 10:00 to 4:00 Sunday. Free admission. Sponsored by Stone Hill Winery.
- Friday, Dec. 11 – The Great Stone Hill Beast Feast – A wild game dinner and fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, including a silent auction, raffle and live auction of donated items. Reception at 7:00, dinner at 8:00 in the heated Sherry House. Reservations required, $60 per person minimum donation. Call the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 1-800-264-2873.
Hermann’s upcoming weekend activities:
- Christmas Tree Lighting – Nov. 27
- Sounds of Starkenburg – Nov. 28
- Lantern Parade – Nov. 28
- Christmastime in Hermann – Dec. 1-31. Christmastime is magical in our German village, where holiday customs date back centuries. Reminiscent of Christmas markets in Germany, Kristkindl Markts the first two weekends of December head a full schedule of holiday events.
- Deutschheim Weinachtsfest – Dec. 1st & 2nd Weekends
- Historic Hermann Museum German Bake Sale – Dec 1st & 2nd Weekends
- Christmas Tablescapes – Dec 1st & 2nd Weekends
- Holiday House Tour – Dec. 5
- Kristkindl Markt at Stone Hill Winery – Dec. 5 & 6
- The Spirit of CHRISTmas at Starkenburg – Dec 9-12
- Kristkindl Markt at Hermannhof – Dec. 12 & 13
Check out Hermann’s calendar of events here.
See you on the trail!