Hermann’s wine history is renowned, not only for our dry red Norton, but also for our popular fruity sweet wines such as Catawba and Concord.
In celebration of March Madness sweeping the nation, the Hermann Wine Trail is proud to showcase 16 of our area’s finest sweet wine selections:
- Adam Puchta Winery
- Misty Valley White – A semi-sweet white dessert wine with a soft floral nose. Light, fresh and fruity. Pairs with pineapple upside-down cake or cheesecake. Similar to a Moscato.
- Riefenstahler – A sweet red dessert wine with a full Concord bouquet and rich blackberry jam characteristics. Great with a peanut butter sandwich, peanut butter cookie or mix it in a spritzer, smoothie or slush. Our number one selling red wine – take one sip and you’ll see why!
- Bias Winery
- Strawberry Weisser Flieder – Delightfully light and crisp, this grape wine has just the right amount of strawberry juice added to make it a crowd favorite. It finishes with a crisp hint of cranberry, making it a refreshing and clean choice. It pairs well with KC Style Barbecue sauces, fruit and vegetable trays, or makes a great sparkling punch.
- Frosty Meadow White – A deliciously sweet late harvest wine, it is bursting with intense fruit flavors. An exceptional dessert wine.
- Hermannhof Winery
- Vignoles – Semi-sweet, medium-bodied with full acidity. Deeply aromatic with layers of citrus and apricot flavors and a long, lingering finish. Judged “Best New World Vignoles” and the only two-time winner of “Best New World White Wine” of the New World International Wine Competition-California. Winner of many international Gold medals, and Missouri Wine Competition awards.
- Germantown – A sweet white wine bursting with luscious fruit flavors. Made from a blend of native Missouri grapes and European hybrids.
- Stagswood Red – An old-fashioned red wine made from sturdy Concord grapes. European hybrids add crisp, fruity tones to balance the blend.
- OakGlenn Winery
- Strawberry – A bubbly and light Strawberry wine.
- Niagara – A sweet white wine with Apricot notes. It’s a luscious, sweet white wine made from the Niagara grape and has a fruity aroma with a long clean, supple finish. It pairs nicely with creamy cheeses such as Havarti or with angel food cake with fresh berries for dessert. It’s also the perfect wine to enjoy chilled.
- River View Red – A sweet red wine with Blackberry and Cinnamon characteristics.
- Robller Winery
- Vignoles Semi-Sweet – Our Semi Sweet version of the wine is very fruity and crisp. The yeast selection used to ferment this wine accentuates the pineapple dominant tropical fruit profile. The slow cold fermentation and cold soaking process helps create the wine’s depth, body and complexity.
- White Steuben – Made from the Steuben grape by pressing the juice away from the skins to create a golden blush colored wine. This captures all of the fresh fruity aromas and flavors of the variety while minimizing the typical foxy Labrusca character. The wine has a good amount of sweetness to compliment the strawberry jelly like character that it typically produces.
- Kasselfest is our Chambourcin based sweet red wine. Named after the German town of Kassel where the Brothers Grimm hailed from. Fruity aromas provide the intrigue while its full bodied sweetness and structure offer complexity and balance to be more than just a beverage.
- Stone Hill Winery
- Golden Spumante – A rich, fruity, semi-sweet sparkler that’s sure to delight those who love Spumante. Ideal for picnics, summer entertaining and celebrations.
- Pink Catawba – A fruity, light sweet rosé style wine full of the famous Catawba flavor. A great after dinner wine or perfect with cheese and fruit.
- Late Harvest Vignoles – Nectar of the Gods! A luscious dessert wine with complex honey, peach and floral aromas and flavors that linger toward infinity on the palate. Our winery boasts many “Best of Show” awards from this wine.
We invite you to enjoy a glass of one of Hermann’s “Sweet Sixteen” wines during the finals of this college basketball season!