It is the 62nd annual Maifest this weekend, May 17 & 18 in Hermann! Maifest is one of the oldest German festivals in Missouri, featuring German music, German food, parades, historic tours and Hermann area wines!
The original Maifest was an end of year celebration for school children, started in the early 1870’s. The children celebrated with knackwurst and pink lemonade, played games in the park and enjoying more treats! Maifest grew into a city wide celebration in 1952, to raise funds for the restoration of the Rotunda building.
Today, Maifest remains to be a highlight of the community and our visitors. The Hermann Wine Trail invites you to experience our rich German heritage this weekend.
The Hermann Wine Trail wineries are all open for wine tasting and fun. Several wineries on the trail have events and music to celebrate Maifest , so check the schedule below or go to our calendar of events.
Saturday May 17
- Adam Puchta Winery – Live Music 2-5pm. Are you in the mood from some Jimmy Buffett-style music? Join us at Adam Puchta Winery for live music by Gary Sluhan. Gary has perfected the sounds of various artists from the 60’s thru the 90’s including the original parrot-head, Jimmy Buffett. A music performance you don’t wanna miss.
- Bias Winery & Microbrewery – Music 1-5pm. Maifest fun, food and entertainment. No cover charge.
- Hermannhof Winery – Live Music 10am-5:30pm. Richie & His Famous Accordion, German food and wine tasting!Richie & His Famous Accordion
- OakGlenn Winery – Music 2-6pm. Come enjoy the afternoon on our patio with FREE live music by Ben Hampton. Ben is a talented individual, who performs music from all genres.
- OakGlenn Winery – Saturday evening music 6-10pm. We will be rockin’ with the ever popular band, Headrush!! Come early and stay late, guaranteed to have a great time. Cover charge $5 per person.
- Röbller Vineyard – Maifest; wine tasting and beautiful scenery!
- Stone Hill Winery – Loehning German Band from 1:00pm – 5:00pm. Wurstjaeger Dancers start at 1:30pm. Food & cold wine are available in the pavilion from 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Stone Hill Winery – Dueling Pianos at 6-10pm in Pavillion. Tired of the same old band or DJ? Nothing is more fun than DUELING PIANOS! Our performers play all genres — Rat Pack to rap, classic rock to country — whatever is requested by YOU the audience! Purchase tickets in advance here Stone Hill Winery. Tickets are $10 per person and include one drink ticket.
Sunday May 18
- Adam Puchta Winery – Live Music, 2-5pm. Come on out to Adam Puchta Winery and enjoy live music by Russ Anderson. Russ is a St. Louis singer/songwrit
er who specializes in folk and country music. His playlist includes original songs as well as classics by John Denver, James Taylor, Hank Williams and Van Morrison.
- OakGlenn Winery – Live Music, 1-5pm. Rayna is a solo artist who will perform great classics. You will think Janice Joplin came back to life. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of FREE entertainment, great views and award-winning wine.
- Stone Hill Winery – Loehning German Band from 1:00pm – 5:00pm. Food & cold wine are available in the pavilion.
Other Maifest events:
- Volksplatz (open air market)
- Historic Tours & Exhibits
- Children’s Activities
- Blacksmithing Demonstrations
- Bier Garten and Consessions
- German Dancers
- Washer Tournement
- Sunday Parade
We hope to see you this weekend for Maifest!