Why have cookies and milk when you can enjoy wine and cookies! Tis the season for cookies, lots and lots of cookies. Why not wash them down with a fine Missouri wine!
The Hermann Wine Trail wineries have quite an array of wines that pair nicely with all the different flavors of the holiday season. Here are our favorites:
- Sugar Cookies – pair with Sparkling wine; Adam Puchta, Hermannhof (very soon will be released), Stone Hill
- Peanut Butter Cookies like Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Kiss Cookies – Concord, Ives, Steuben; Adam Puchta, Bias, Hermannhof, OakGlenn, Robller, Stone Hill
- Snickerdoodles & Gingerbread – Traminette; Hermannhof, Adam Puchta, Robller, Stone Hill
- Coconut Macaroons – Vignoles; Adam Puchta, Hermannhof, Robller, Stone Hill
- Chocolate Chip – Norton; Adam Puchta, Bias, Hermannhof, OakGlenn, Robller, Stone Hill
- Jammy Cookies like Thumbprints and Linzer Tarts – Moscato and Spumante; OakGlenn, Stone Hill
- Nutty Cookies like Pecan Sandies, Pecan Tassies – Cream Sherry; Stone Hill
- Oreo Truffles – Port; Adam Puchta, OakGlenn, Stone Hill
So crank up the Christmas music, pour yourself a glass of Missouri wine and enjoy all those cookies you baked!