The main event in Hermann this August is the Hermann Wine & Jazz Festival, August 20 from 1-9 pm at the Hermann Amphitheater. Hermann teams up with St. Louis radio station Hip 96.3 HD-3 to bring a great line-up of jazz performances to Hermann wine country. Grab a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy an afternoon and evening of great music and Hermann wine! Hermann Wine Trail wineries will be selling wine by the glass and bottle all afternoon and evening at the event. Participating wineries; Adam Puchta, Hermannhof, OakGlenn and Stone Hill. Free admission.
- Adam Puchta Winery
- Friday, August 12 & 26 – Grill Your Own Steak Night. Gather around our fire pits for Grill Your Own Steak Night. Bring your own meat and we’ll provide all the fixins’ (spices & cooking utensils); side dishes, beer, and award-winning wines will be for sale at their Bistro. Reservations are not required, however, if you know you will be coming give us a call to let us know how many are in your party. We wanna make sure we have plenty of side dishes. Pits are fired up from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Bistro open until 8:30 p.m. First come, first served. No picnic baskets.
- Friday, August 19 – Dinner at the Bistro, 5-9 pm. Enjoy a take-out dinner in our seasonal Bistro; serving Parker’s popular pizzas, unique slider sandwiches, smoked mac & cheese and more. The menu may vary; first come, first served. Bistro open for the live music serving food from 5 pm – 9 pm or until the food runs out.
- Friday, August 19 – Live Music, 7-10 pm. The Bag Lunch Blues Band will knock your socks off with their jammin’ old-school blues and will rock out with tunes by Chicago, Eric Clapton and more. This blues trio know how to blend the old-school blues with a modern flare, all while putting on a great show.
- Saturday, August 20 – Lunch at the bistro, 11 am-5 pm. Enjoy a take-out lunch in our seasonal Bistro; serving Parker’s popular pizzas, unique slider sandwiches, smoked mac & cheese and more. The menu may vary; first come, first served. Bistro open 11 am – 5 pm or until the food runs out.
- Sunday, August 21 – Brunch at the Bistro, 11 am-3 pm. There is nothing like a beautiful Sunday at Adam Puchta Winery. Come enjoy a seasonal brunch menu featuring gourmet eggs Benedict, classic french toast, BLT sliders and of course Adam Puchta wines. The menu may vary; reservations are welcome, but not required. Bistro open 11 am – 3 pm or until the food runs out.
- Bias Winery & Microbrewery
- August 20 – Dog Days of Summer Washer Tournament. Must be 21 or older to participate. $10 per team fee. Entertainment provided. Sign-up at 1:00, play starts at 2:00 p.m. 100% pay-out. Bring your grill & fixins if you want, and enjoy the day with us. No outside alcohol allowed on premises.
- Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten– Come join us for an evening of live music featuring the following artists. Admission is free. Food, wine, beer and soft drinks will be available.
- Saturday, August 6 – The Mood Elevators, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm at the Hermannhof Hofgarten.
- Saturday, August 13 – Baglunch Blues, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm at the Hermannhof Hofgarten. Admission is free.
- Saturday, August 27 – The Bluff-Tones, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm at the Hermannhof Hofgarten. Admission is free.
- OakGlenn Winery
- Saturday, August 6 – Music 2-6 pm. Johnny Henry is a St. Louis native who has just released his debut album which features a collection of music that exemplifies Johnny’s personality and introduces Country music fans to his big voice and compelling story. You don’t wanna miss this afternoon of FREE music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Saturday, August 6 – Music 6-10 pm. The Ultra Violets is an awesome cover band from St. Louis, playing top 40 hits to classic 80’s pop and rock songs. Come out for a fun-filled evening of great entertainment and of course, great wine. Cover Charge $5 per person.
- Sunday, August 7 – Music 1-5 pm – Class Act
- Saturday, August 13 – Music 2-6 pm. Enjoy the afternoon at OakGlenn Winery listening to the soulful sounds of Bryan Foggs. Bryan has been in the St. Louis music scene for many years and sings the classics from Mustang Sally to Let’s Stay Together and more. FREE performance!
- Saturday, August 13 – Music 6-10 pm. An incredible St. Louis rockin’ dance band! Chasing Amy will keep everyone entertained with their variety of classic rock tunes to top 40 hits. Cover Charge $5 per person.
- Sunday, August 14 – Music 1-5 pm. Class Act
- Saturday, August 20 – Music 2-6 pm. Come enjoy the afternoon on our patio with FREE live music by Ben Hampton. Ben is a talented individual, who performs music from all genres.
- Saturday, August 20 – Music 6-10 pm. Saturday evening we will be kickin’ up our heels with the rockin’ country band, Doc Holiday. Cover charge $5 per person.
- Sunday, August 21 – Music 1-5 pm. Jessica Tipton is a soulful, solo artist who performs everything from Fleetwood Mac, Keith Urban, and Glen Campbell covers to some of her own songs. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of FREE entertainment, great views and award-winning wine.
- Saturday, August 27 – Music 2-6 pm. Enjoy the afternoon at OakGlenn Winery listening to the soulful sounds of Bryan Foggs. Bryan has been in the St. Louis music scene for many years and sings the classics from Mustang Sally to Let’s Stay Together and more. FREE performance!
- Saturday, August 27 – Music 6-10 pm. Come early and stay late, guaranteed to have a great time with the band Stingray. They are a high-energy band playing covers from The Beatles to Led Zeppelin. Cover charge $5 per person.
- Sunday, August 28 – Music 1-5 pm. Born and raised in southern Missouri, Scottie Kemp has music running through his veins. Scottie is a solo artist performing country classics and great classic rock songs. Enjoy this Sunday afternoon of FREE live music at OakGlenn Winery!
- Röbller Vineyard
- August 20 & 21 – Reggaefest. Music by Nonstop Reggae, Saturday, 1:00 to 5:00, and Aaron Kamm and the 1 Drops, Sunday, 1:00 to 5:00. Nezzle’s Jamaican Cuisine available both days. Picnic baskets, shade tents, chairs and blankets welcome. No outside alcohol.
- Stone Hill Winery
- Saturday, August 6 – Summer Scavenger Hunt, 11 am – 3 pm. You’ll be seeking all kinds of things hiding on our scavenger Hunt. So grab some friends, enjoy some good wine, live music by Marissa Harms, and let your inner child out for some playtime! Register your team online at Stone Hill Winery.
- Saturday, August 13 – Grapes to Glass, 3-5 pm. A special VIP winery tour and tasting. A member of our winemaking staff will lead you behind the scenes on a visit to our Norton vineyard, cellars, tank building and press house, where you’ll learn a bit of the technical side and a few of the secrets to our winemaking success. Reservations required; limited space. Tickets are available online at Stone Hill Wi
- Saturday, August 13 – Live Music 1-5 pm. Lisa 6 Strings
- Saturday, August 20 – Live Music, 1-5 pm. Joe Fry the Guitar Guy
- Saturday, August 27 – Live Music 1-5 pm. Featherstone Drive Band
Hermann weekend activities:
- August 5 – Big Screen Under the Stars, 7:15-10:00 pm
- Step into the zany world of Disney’s Zootopia. Amphitheater gates open at 7:15, show starts at dark. Lawn chair seating, concessions, restrooms. Co-sponsored by Brian Grannemann Services. In lieu of an admission fee, donations of school supplies or cash for the School Backpack Program are requested.
- August 7 – City Band Concert, 7:30-9 pm. Our final concert of the 2016 season will be a “pops” concert, featuring show tunes, marches, and popular music.
- August 12 – Big Screen Under the Stars, 7:15-10:00 pm
- The Chamber’s summer movie schedule concludes with the animated film Open Season, Scared Silly. Amphitheater gates open at 7:15, show starts at dark. Lawn chair seating, concessions, restrooms. Co-sponsored by the Hermann Maifest Committee. In lieu of an admission fee, donations to support Maifest are requested.
- August 20 – Hermann Wine & Jazz Festival, 1-9 pm. Hermann is teaming up with St. Louis radio station HIP 96.3 HD-3 to bring a great line-up of jazz performances to the Amphitheater. Grab a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy the show!
- August 21 – Brush & Palette Club Ice Cream Social, 1-5 pm. The Brush & Palette Club’s annual ice cream social and auction will raise funds for the restoration of the 1896 bandstand in the upper park. Tax-deductible contributions to the club’s restoration projects may be mailed to: Brush & Palette Club, P.O. Box 145, Hermann MO 65041. Please indicate if your donation is for the bandstand or the cemetery project.
Read more about Hermann here.
See you on the trail!