May 2 & 3, 2015
Saturday, 10:00 to 5:00 • Sunday, 11:00 to 5:00
It’s official, BACON and wine are a hit! Smoky, savory, and always delicious, bacon will be the main ingredient for food and wine pairings at seven stops on the Hermann Wine Trail.
2015 Wild Bacon Tasting Menu:
- Adam Puchta
Grilled Bacon-Cheddar Bratwurst, paired with Save a Rack wines
Garden Fresh BLT Salad, paired with Jubilee White
- Dierberg Star Lane
Arugula, Bacon, and Gruyere Bread Pudding, paired with Sauvignon Blanc
Hot Bacon and Swiss Dip on Crostini, paired with Chambourcin Vin Gris
Bacon Super Bowls, paired with Strawberry Wine
Bacon Frittata, paired with Traminette
- Stone Hill
Applewood Smoked Bacon Jam on Homemade Foccacia with Crumbled Goat Cheese and Local Microgreens, paired with Steinberg White
Tickets: $30 per person. Purchase tickets using PayPal. This event almost sold out in 2014, so purchase tickets early.
A limited number of tickets are available—advance purchase required. Ticket price includes a souvenir wine glass. Visit any or all of the participating wineries and enter a drawing for one night’s stay at a Hermann B&B and a $30 gift certificate from each winery. Transportation to each of the wineries is not included in the ticket price.
How the Trail Works
1) You must be 21 to participate
2) Start the event at any of the seven participating wineries. Please note – each winery’s tasting room policies remain in effect during Wine Trail events and are not included in the ticket price. Some wineries charge for wine tasting.
3) Pick up your souvenir wine glass at the first winery you visit.
4) Visit the wineries in any order you wish.
5) Take you ticket and wine glass with you to each stop.
6) Drop off your ticket at the last winery you visit to enter the drawing.
7) Have fun, but please enjoy this event responsibly.