May 3 & 4, 2014
Saturday, 10:00 to 5:00 • Sunday, 11:00 to 5:00
It’s official, the 2013 Wild Card Wine Trail featuring BACON was such a hit we are going to rename the event to Wild Bacon Wine Trail for 2014! BACON will be the main ingredient for the food and wine pairings.
2013′s Wild Card Tasting Menu (we won’t have the tasting menu for 2014 until February 2013):
- Adam Puchta
Pork Belly Slider, paired with Traminette
Bacon Corn Chowder, paired with Jubilee White
- Dierberg Star Lane
Gulf Shores Bacon Seafood Bisque, paired with Star Lane Sauvignon Blanc
Rotkohl mit Speck (German Red Cabbage with Bacon), paired with White Lady
Smoky Bacon Banana Muffin, paired with Sweet Caroline
Mexican-style Bacon Torta, paired with Vidal Blanc
- Stone Hill
Peppered Bacon and Roasted Corn Guacamole Tostada, paired with Chardonel
Tickets: $30 per person. Purchase tickets using PayPal.
A limited number of tickets are available—advance purchase required. Ticket price includes a souvenir wine glass. Visit any or all of the participating wineries and enter a drawing for one night’s stay at a Hermann B&B and a $30 gift certificate from each winery. Transportation to each of the wineries is not included in the ticket price.
How the Trail Works
1) You must be 21 to participate
2) Start the event at any of the seven participating wineries. Please note – each winery’s tasting room policies remain in effect during Wine Trail events and are not included in the ticket price. Some wineries charge for wine tasting.
3) Pick up your souvenir wine glass at the first winery you visit.
4) Visit the wineries in any order you wish.
5) Take you ticket and wine glass with you to each stop.
6) Drop off your ticket at the last winery you visit to enter the drawing.
7) Have fun, but please enjoy this event responsibly.