December 12 – 13, 2015
Saturday, 10:00 to 5:00 • Sunday, 11:00 to 5:00
Sip and sample wine and cheese pairings, from the classic to the creative. Held annually the second weekend of December, this event coincides Hermann’s popular Kristkindl Markt, an Old-World holiday market.
2015 Say Cheese Tasting Menu
- Adam Puchta
Homemade Lasagna, paired with Hunter’s Red
Cheesy Ham & Bacon Chowder, paired with Jubilee White
- Dierberg Star Lane
Sun-Dried Tomato Tart with Fontina and Prosciutto, paired with Cabernet Sauvignon
Baked Brie on Crostini with Blackberry Compote, paired with Norton
Cream Cheese Pound Cake, paired with Strawberry Wine
Cheese Plate from Cool Cow Cheese Company, paired with Semi-Sweet Vignoles
- Stone Hill
Black Forest Ham and Gruyere Cheese Empanadas with Mustard Seed Aioli served with Reserve Vignoles
Tickets: $30 per person. Purchase tickets using PayPal. On line tickets sales end Wed. December 9th at 4 pm. Please call the Hermann Welcome Center to check availability of tickets 800-932-8687 after Wednesday Dec. 9th.
Ticket price includes a souvenir wine glass. Visit any or all of the participating wineries and enter a drawing for one night’s stay at a Hermann B&B and a $30 gift certificate from each winery. Transportation to the wineries is not included in the ticket price.
How the Trail Works
1) You must be 21 to participate
2) Start the event at any of the seven participating wineries. Please note – each winery’s tasting room policies remain in effect during Wine Trail events and are not included in the ticket price. Some wineries charge for wine tasting.
3) Pick up your souvenir wine glass at the first winery you visit.
4) Visit the wineries in any order you wish.
5) Take you ticket and wine glass with you to each stop.
6) Drop off your ticket at the last winery you visit to enter the drawing.
7) Have fun, but please enjoy this event responsibly.