December 13 – 14, 2014
Saturday, 10:00 to 5:00 • Sunday, 11:00 to 5:00
Sip and sample wine and cheese pairings, from the classic to the creative. Held annually the second weekend of December, this event coincides Hermann’s popular Kristkindl Markt, an Old-World holiday market.
2013 Say Cheese Tasting Menu (2014 Menu to come closer to the event)
- Adam Puchta
Smoked Salmon & Goat Cheese Torta paired with Vignoles
Strawberry Cheesecake Surprise paired with Strawberry Weisser Flieder
- Dierberg Star Lane
Fontina, Prosciutto, and Asparagus Tart paired with Three Saints Chardonnay
Grilled Shrimp-Panzanella Skewers with Balsamic Drizzle with Vidal Blanc
Nacho Cheese Soup paired with Blush
Selection of locally made Jersey Cow Cheeses from Cool Cow Cheese Company along with the Cheese maker himself, paired with Vidal Blanc
- Stone Hill
Bacon and Pepper Jack Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Red Peppers paired with Golden Rhine
Tickets: $30 per person. Purchase tickets using PayPal. On line tickets sales ended Wed. December 10th at 4 pm.
Ticket price includes a souvenir wine glass. Visit any or all of the participating wineries and enter a drawing for one night’s stay at a Hermann B&B and a $30 gift certificate from each winery. Transportation to the wineries is not included in the ticket price.
How the Trail Works
1) You must be 21 to participate
2) Start the event at any of the seven participating wineries. Please note – each winery’s tasting room policies remain in effect during Wine Trail events and are not included in the ticket price. Some wineries charge for wine tasting.
3) Pick up your souvenir wine glass at the first winery you visit.
4) Visit the wineries in any order you wish.
5) Take you ticket and wine glass with you to each stop.
6) Drop off your ticket at the last winery you visit to enter the drawing.
7) Have fun, but please enjoy this event responsibly.