February 21 & 22, 2015
Saturday, 10:00 to 5:00 • Sunday, 11:00 to 5:00
The Chocolate Wine Trail has become a romantic Valentine’s tradition for many couples, who spend the fourth weekend of February sampling luscious chocolate and wine pairings at seven stops along the Hermann Wine Trail. A word to the wise—tickets sell out early.
2014 Chocolate Tasting Menu (2015 Tasting Menu will be posted in October)
- Adam Puchta
White Chocolate Key Lime Cheesecake Bars, paired with Vignoles
Decadent Chocolate Truffle Cookies, paired with Raspberry Weisser Flieder
- Dierberg Star Lane
Ground Pork and Chocolate Ragu, paired with Cabernet Sauvignon
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Chocolate Currant Sauce, paired with Norton
Chocolate Mousse, paired with River View Red
Chocolate Puff with Fresh Strawberries and Kasselfest Strawberry Reduction, paired with Kasselfest Sweet Red
- Stone Hill
Cayenne Spiced Chocolate Brownie, paired with Concord
Tickets will be available for 2015 events in October. Tickets: $30 per person. Call the Hermann Welcome Center 800-932-8687, if you have any questions concerning tickets.
A limited number of tickets are available—advance purchase required. Ticket price includes a souvenir wine glass. Visit any or all of the participating wineries and enter a drawing for one night’s stay at a Hermann B&B and a $30 gift certificate from each winery. Transportation to each of the wineries is not included in the ticket price.
How the Trail Works
1) You must be 21 to participate
2) Start the event at any of the seven participating wineries. Please note – each winery’s tasting room policies remain in effect during Wine Trail events and are not included in the ticket price. Some wineries charge for wine tasting.
3) Pick up your souvenir wine glass at the first winery you visit.
4) Visit the wineries in any order you wish.
5) Take you ticket and wine glass with you to each stop.
6) Drop off your ticket at the last winery you visit to enter the drawing.
7) Have fun, but please enjoy this event responsibly.