Take a deep breathe and relax about your Thanksgiving meal. Don’t stress over what is the perfect wine to serve with your meal because wine is meant to be fun!
Just follow our tips for pleasing every palate, young and old, and you will be a big hit this Thanksgiving! It is best to have a selection of wines and let your guests find the best wine for their tastes.
Here are some wine suggestions from the Hermann Wine Trail:
- Sparkling wine – Offer your guests a glass of bubbly as they arrive and set the mood festive right off the bat! Hermannhof Vineyards makes a traditional methode champenoise style Brut that is perfect for celebrations.
- Dry White – Enjoy Stone Hill Chardonel with a roast turkey for a match made in heaven for those who enjoy a rich buttery dry white.
- Dry Rose – Adam Puchta Dry Rose’ is a fruity wine that pleases both dry white and dry red drinkers.
- Dry Red – Robller Vineyards produces a red blend called Le Trompier Noir, which has soft tannins and will match beautifully with roast turkey or ham. Dierberg Estate Vineyards Pinot Noir would be a great addition to the meal for a wine from outside Missouri.
- Dessert Wine – Serving Apple pie? Try Bias Winery’s Frosty Meadow White dessert wine for a real treat. Serve OakGlenn Winery’s Moonbeam Melody with Pumpkin pie for something special.
Visit the Hermann Wine Trail wineries this weekend and stock up on wines for your festivities. See winery hours here,